Day 6 - FIVE FOODS
Yes! When you look at me, it will look as though I don’t eat much! Actually I don’t.. But whatever I like I eat quite well!!
This is gonna be a short post… here goes!
1. Idichakka Poduthuval – ‘Idichakka’ is tender jackfruit. Idichakka thoran / poduthuval as we call it at home, is a mouthwatering dish when it is prepared well. It’s quite a tedious and messy job cleaning up the jackfruit but the taste compensates for it all.
2. Fried rice and Gobi Manchurian – An all time favorite. It’s a standard order when we go to Indian restaurants.
3. Grandmom’s Potato curry – I have no idea how a simple dish like this can be turned awesome. And I still can’t get it right even when I try my level best. All she does is fry up the potatoes till its golden brown and I can never quite manage to get the same taste how many ever times I try! She makes it all the time when I visit her in Coimbatore and serves it simple rice and ghee. Tastes divine!
4. Mom’s Vegetable Pulao – Love this! Of course this one I never tried making. Too much effort and I am as lazy as they come!
5. Curd Rice and Egg Omelets - :-) This combo rocks! :-)
btw... today is end of 10 days....and you managed 6/10...not bad at all :)ReplyDelete
btw...today is day 10 and you managed 6/10. Not bad at all :)ReplyDelete