Friday, February 8, 2008

There are no regrets in life … just LESSONS!!!

How many of us think of it that way??

I, for one, have a few regrets in life…!! And that too just in these past few months ever since I came to Hyderabad and took up my job in Satyam… I wonder how!! I used to be this happy-go-lucky character who never used to take anything seriously and who always was of the belief that you should never regret whatever u do because ultimately they teach u something about life… easy to say… hard to follow..!! I have tried it myself so many times… I mean… When someone asks for your advice on something to do… about something they wanna do or something they did… that’s what I keep telling them… you should never regret whatever you do b’coz they r all experiences and lessons learnt etc etc..!!

Now I feel that’s a very hazy statement to make…
Is there anyone who does not regret something that they did that went wrong..!!

There are a lot of things that I did that I thought would not turn out the way they did! It’s very weird!.. Sometimes, even with the purest of intentions, we make things worse when we do our best to make things better… thought to ponder over!

I am not saying that all I have is regrets!! In a way I am glad that those experiences happened … b’coz there have been a lot of valuable lessons learnt in that… the hardships would have come later…Sometimes, struggles are exactly what we need in our life. If we were to go through our life without any obstacles, we would probably be crippled. We would not be as strong as what we could have been. Or for that matter know ourselves to such an extent …

There have been times when I have been ashamed of myself for a lot of things that I have done… guilt trips that have led nowhere but to my unhappiness… but ultimately the fact is that I have hurt a lot of people by my actions, words and deeds... things done…!!

I don’t even have any clue as to why am writing this..
Maybe just to say that.. I have changed my stance in saying have no regrets! But on the same lines I also say that… There are no regrets in life, just lessons. Some wise person said that…If we fill our hours with regrets over the failures of yesterday, and with worries over the problems of tomorrow, we have no today in which to be thankful…

I would much rather have regrets about not doing what people said, than regretting not doing what my heart led me to and wondering what life had been like if I'd just been myself.

I have just one piece of thought to share with you…

Be honest with yourself… don’t do anything your conscience tells you is wrong and accept everything about yourself--I mean everything!!

You are you and that is the beginning and the end— No apologies, no regrets.

2 comments:

  1. What you are doing is excellent. That relives you from heart aches and mental anguish.

    More people do what you are doing, the more they will be able to handle themselves in the world of constant ever ending rat race.

    Confused? I hope not.

    Best of luck in job and life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Ed Vis --> Thanks for the comment Sir.. :-)

    good luck to you too in your life...

    btw u do seem to have a lot of blogs....

    ReplyDelete

Grahanam - A review!

It has been quite some time since I penned something on this blog, and even longer, since I wrote a movie review. But there is no good time ...