Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Weverb12 - Part II

Continuing on the weverb prompts… 

Here’s the next 5.


06 December 2012
Cook [LIVE]: What was your best recipe/dish of the year? Share it!
If I had to choose a dish that I could never go wrong with, it’s got to be Arabbiatta Penne pasta.
Boil a packet of Penne pasta in water with a bit of salt and some oil so that the pasta does not stick together. Drain it well and keep it aside. Chop some onions, mince some garlic, sauté them in oil for a bit until it roses the raw flavor, pour in the tomato puree, add some chili powder and some salt and mix it all up well. Add the pasta when it starts boiling and mix it up well without breaking the pasta. Top it up with some mozzarella cheese and serve it hot. YUM!!!


07 December 2012
ENLIVEN [GROW]: Was there a book or article that inspired you to make a change in your life this year? What was the source and what did you change?
Honestly, I know it is going to sound like a cliché, but I am not the type of person to be influenced by what I read or hear. I’d rather see it or experience it first hand for me to change! And that’s saying a lot! I am a voracious reader and I devour trivia and information. And I love quotes. There are a few that have affected me in a very personal way and I share some of them here with you.
Ø  You can’t live your life for other people. You’ve got to do what’s right for you, even if it hurts some people you love. — Nicholas Sparks; The Notebook
Ø  Sometimes you climb out of bed in the morning and you think, I’m not going to make it, but you laugh inside — remembering all the times you’ve felt that way. — Charles Bukowski
Ø  I love to see a young girl go out and grab the world by the lapels. Life’s a bitch. You’ve got to go out and kick ass!! - Maya Angelou
Ø  I’ve learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow. I’ve learned that you can tell a lot about a person by the way he/she handles these three things: a rainy day, lost luggage, and tangled Christmas tree lights. I’ve learned that regardless of your relationship with your parents, you’ll miss them when they’re gone from your life. I’ve learned that making a “living” is not the same thing as making a “life.” I’ve learned that life sometimes gives you a second chance. I’ve learned that you shouldn’t go through life with a catcher’s mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back. I’ve learned that whenever I decide something with an open heart, I usually make the right decision. I’ve learned that even when I have pains, I don’t have to be one. I’ve learned that every day you should reach out and touch someone. People love a warm hug, or just a friendly pat on the back. I’ve learned that I still have a lot to learn. I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. — Maya Angelou

08 December 2012
Respond [LISTEN]: Do you actively listen to your inner voice/conscience? Describe a time this year you heard and responded to it.
Oh boy! :-) You know that saying… always listen to your gut feeling. It can never go wrong. Well, I finally made it a point to listen to it and took a hard decision. Hard I say because it affects everyone around me as well. But then, I know in my heart that this is right decision that I have taken and therefore even if I was pushed initially into taking this, I have realized that its actually for the good and therefore I am going to stick on to it and see it through.
Yes I know that it sucks that I am talking in riddles. But I can’t be more explicit. Maybe someday somewhere!

09 December 2012
Triumph [CREATE]: How were you challenged by a project or goal this year? What did you learn from it?
You know, I have a multitude of reasons to hate this year like I have made it clear about a 1000 times.
But there are also a few moments in this year that I love.
Like my first ever project going live. I am not a project manager. I do not know the basics of project management. Project management has nothing to do with what I have studied so far in my life. Yet, I don’t know what made me take on a full-fledged project early last year. One that saw me grow as a project manager all through escalations and complaints and sweat and tears. But one that also saw me learn the intricacies of handling people, deadlines and temperaments. One that made me believe that I can do this job and if I try a little hard, do it well. And it was well worth it. Much more than the award and accolades, it was the fact that I had to prove to myself that I could and I did.

10 December 2012
Lose [HOPE]: Did you have to say goodbye to a person, or even a cherished object, this year? Take a moment to celebrate the memory.
Yup. I did have to say goodbye to something. And yes! I am again going to talk in clichés. But I can’t help it like I said earlier.
It’s been a tough year and every single time I look back, I don’t know how I have gotten this far. As for celebrating the memory – well that’s going to be BITTERSWEET! :)

11 December 2012
Spend/Save [LIVE]: Are you richer or poorer this year, compared to last year?
Definitely richer.
In all aspects.
And not just in material things.

Until the next few prompts... here's me signing off... :-) 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Grahanam - A review!

It has been quite some time since I penned something on this blog, and even longer, since I wrote a movie review. But there is no good time ...