Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Books and Me...

Yup, it’s another tag and this time it is about BOOKS. Picked this up from Sayesha’s blog.

The book that changed my life –
No book that actually changed my life… I love reading purely for the fact that it takes my mind off things and transports me to a world where I don’t belong and I am just a bystander. And yup.. Also for those tidbits of knowledge that it gives me ;-)

The books I've read more than once –
Almost all the books that I have ever read! :-) Yeah I am a nut case that way… I tend to keep reading the books over and again… I believe that each time you re-read a book; you find something new in it, some new nuance, some fact about some character, etc…

Book I would take to a deserted island –
Hmmm… that’s a difficult one..! Most probably ‘Godfather – Mario Puzo’

Book that made me laugh –
Lots of them – most of the M&B series for the corny way in which it is written, Comics, some of the chick-lits.

Book that made me cry –
None. Though some have I love reading over and again for the way it made me feel. For instance, Daddy – Danielle Steele; Man, Woman and Child – Erich Segal; Godfather – Mario Puzo; Gregory David Roberts' - Shantaram.

Books I wish I had written –
The Harry Potter series by J.K.Rowling. It is one the best series I have ever read.

Book I wish had never been written –
I guess ‘Crime and Punishment’ by Fyodor Dostovesky. It was a punishment to read that! And a recent addition to that is Chetan Bhagat's - The 3 mistakes of my life. A big mistake it was to pick this one up!

Book I am currently reading –
Couple of them actually. ‘Tuesdays with Morrie’ – Mitch Albom, Richard Branson’s - Losing my virginity, The Ramayana series – Ashok.K.Banker (second time).

Book I've been meaning to read –
Ayn Rand’s Fountainhead. Somehow I am not able to find the interest to read that book; it’s been lying on my shelf ever since I picked it up.

Book I have been meaning to finish –
Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom. (struggling!)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Grahanam - A review!

It has been quite some time since I penned something on this blog, and even longer, since I wrote a movie review. But there is no good time ...