Yes! Now that I have turned the grand age of 28 and with no wisdom teeth in sight... I bring unto u the words that will hold you in good stead…
It’s seriously high time you got this into your head…
- Eating / Binging a lot does not help you put on weight. Happiness does. If you are happy, you automatically put on weight. Period.
- FYI, what they taught you in the little bit of science that you learnt at school was wrong w.r.t people. Like this… “Like poles repel.” Nope. Nada. That’s not true. Similar people can be the best of friends. The trick lies in finding someone that similar to you!
- You should also know by now that you can never ever set your hair the way the stylist does. No matter how hard you try. It. Will. Not. Happen.
- Understand that when you get along very well with someone, it is more often than not because they are travelling in the same leaky boat as yours. Or in another boat. But leaky all the same.
- Remember this: Dancing perks you up. Irrespective of the time or place. If you dance when you’re upset, your mood changes! Realize that! And do it more often!! Not just when you’re down in the dumps.
- Be glad that you get treated as one of the guys. Nothing else is a bigger compliment than that. For all the cribbing that you do that no one ever considers you a typical female, I know that in the heart of hearts you are actually happy that you get treated as one of the guys!
- If it’s not meant to be, it’s not meant to be. Get it into your head. Don’t keep fighting it.
- There is a reason why every person enters your life. You may not know it yet, but one day you will figure out why. And you will thank them, even if it is to yourself.
- You will realize that sometimes the things you hated in the beginning will be your bread and butter later on in life. Like excel. Sigh! But you will love to hate it and work with it for a long long time… :P :P
- Sadness is contagious. It spreads. And it brings everyone around you crashing down into the dumps. So just try to be happy and awesome!! ;-)
- Always trust your gut. ALWAYS. If it says it’s wrong, it most probably is but you might not realize it or be aware of it until it hits you hard.
- Same goes for vibes from people. Always trust the vibes you get from them. That tells a lot about what sort of a friend they will be to you.
Ah! I am proud of myself!! I actually wrote a full post!! And its not some fluff!! Its honest-to-goodness real!! Yay!! :-) :-)
Lets hope that this is my return to blogosphere!! :-) :-)
Sounds very 28-ish alright :-)ReplyDelete
How nice! Do write more :)ReplyDelete
Points to remember :) saving it for future !ReplyDelete
@Soo --> Hehe! :) :) Tell me about it! :)ReplyDelete
@Arch --> Thanks gal!! trying to!! ;)
@D --> Thank you! :)
Are you a Geminian??ReplyDelete
@Nan --> Nope!! A typical Taurean.. and a double one at that! :) :)ReplyDelete
I double like this - You will realize that sometimes the things you hated in the beginning will be your bread and butter later on in life. Like excel. Sigh! But you will love to hate it and work with it for a long long time… :P :PReplyDelete
@Cresloga -- Thank you!! :) :)ReplyDelete
hmmm...someones been spring cleaning their blog...it looks as if you have opened up a window...ReplyDelete
a great list of worldly wisdom from a 28 year old...funny thing is at 42, i still do everything wrong..
write more, girl...
I read and then read some more, more and more.
We need writers like you Bold, Honest.
I am just like you, But much younger and a I am a guy.
I totally am in the same career path as you though,
found this blog randomly.
Could relate to it a lot, could enjoy it even more.
Thanks for sharing your world !
Feels good to be a Human.