Saturday, October 18, 2008

Who is the boss... Big, Small, Whatever!!!

I was watching an episode of Big Boss -2 yesterday hosted by Shilpa Shetty. I normally am not a huge fan of this reality show… somehow the antics of various celebrities living together does not appeal to me. I can’t for the life of me fathom why they would make fools of themselves like this… but I’m digressing from the topic… yesterday I had nothing better to do and one of PG-mates is a regular viewer of this show. Yesterday was the eviction episode and Shilpa was about to announce the person who was being evicted out of the house…

So she started …

10 PM – Dear viewers, welcome to the special episode of big boss 2 … this one is to reveal the name of the person who is going to be evicted from the house today… he/she will join the bandwagon of the evicted members who will share with us their experiences here on the HOT SEAT… and the nominees for the eviction today are X, Y, Z ….. But before we go any further let us take a small break….

10:15 PM – welcome back viewers, we are here to watch a special episode on blah blah blah …. And before we announce the name of the person who is going to be evicted, let us give our sponsors some time to display their products ….

10:30 PM – and we’re back… let us take a look at the nominees of the eviction episode… and let us have a few minutes of chit-chat with their family members and ask them how they would feel if their family member got thrown out… and also watch a couple of moments from the show w.r.t to these nominees… but before we do that let us take a small breather/ chai break…

10:45 PM – dear viewers, we are finally at that phase of the show where I have the name of the loser in this envelope that I hold… but before I tell you who it is, let us have a few minutes of conversation with the nominees’ dogs!!! And ask them how they would feel if their owner/ master came back home! And blah blah blah … before I go ahead and announce the name of the person who would be joining us here on the HOT SEAT… we’ll take a short break and be right back…

11:00 PM – and my dear viewers, now we’re at the climax of this episode… I have here in my hand the fate of one nominee out of the 3 whose fate this envelope holds….

And dragged and dragged and dragged and dragged to tell the person’s name… she kept talking about inane things, who likes whom, why a person behaves like that etc etc… and in the middle of all this, like throwing a tidbit to a hungry dog, out of the 3 nominees, she says who is safe and sound and is not going to leave the house..!!

Not just Shilpa … but most of the anchors when they are hosting one of these crucial episodes drag the result to the fag end that by the time they are actually ready to tell the name of the winner/loser; people have already lost interest, switched channels, speculated on the world markets, and had a nap also to boot…

I don’t understand why they drag the damn thing so much! I mean instead of the usual one hour long episode they could have a half-hour result special episode right…. But no… they have to kill us slowly by holding back that one name that would actually then let people get up and move out or best of all go to sleep...

If only I had my way… I would just watch that one last bit where the anchor has no choice but to announce the name finally… but then hard luck! The number of people who are glued onto such shows in TV outnumber the ones who think like yours truly!!! So there… if you’re watching TV then it’s at the whims and fancies of the majority… basically the flip side of staying in a hostel! :D


1 comment:

  1. The only worth-watching reality show on air these days is ISS2008. At least they dont do (too much of) drama !

    ReplyDelete

Grahanam - A review!

It has been quite some time since I penned something on this blog, and even longer, since I wrote a movie review. But there is no good time ...