Friday, January 10, 2014

Ganapati Bappa Morya! :) :) - Day 8 of the 100 Happy Days Challenge! :) :)

It was such a lousy day today.. So so lousy that if just one more thing had to go wrong, I would have blown my top. People were tipping me off all along right from morning, and it just got worse all through the day!! I was in such a pissed off mood when I reached home today evening. All I wanted to do was throw something, break something else and drive a fist through the wall! Yes, I was that pissed!! :-/

And then I saw this fellow. Sitting peacefully, reclining against a bolster, serene expression as though there wasn’t a care in the world! :D Instant smile on my face! Instant sense of calm!

This very precious painting was gifted to me by a very dear friend. He painted this. He had put it up on Facebook. I saw it. I loved it. I wanted it. I shamelessly told him so. And he made arrangements to send it to me through a friend who was coming all the way from the place he was to the place I am in. He told me this was in the image of his dad. I must say, it fits that to a T. Not just his dad. It reminds me of my granddad as well, grand and regal, relaxed and composed. :-) :-) All in all, a picture of serenity!! :-) :-)

There is a sense of immediate calmness that envelopes me, when I see this painting. In a lot of ways, I am indebted to this friend. He has always been a strong pillar of support and someone whom I gel with very well. And this painting, especially, is a depiction of one of my favorite Gods.

So!! Folks!! Today’s Happiness Quotient brought to you by our very own Pillayarappa… :-) :-)
Ganapati Bappa Morya! :D :D
 Mangalamurthi Morya! :D :D 


Peace to all! :D :D 

1 comment:

Grahanam - A review!

It has been quite some time since I penned something on this blog, and even longer, since I wrote a movie review. But there is no good time ...