Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Evening Twilight - Day 6 of the 100 Happy Days Challenge!! :-) :-)

Happiness quotient for day 6 is provided by the picture of evening twilight below.
That’s how the Singapore sky looks at twilight. This pic is shot from my office building, in the evening, when I was taking a short break from the report that I was preparing! :-)

Such vivid colors… I know the pic is not all that great because it was shot through glass and therefore you see a bit of a haze in there… But why am I now talking about the trivialities of this photo that I shot… I have no idea how those things work… I do want to learn someday but for now, I am content taking half-baked pictures just to capture the memory!! :D :D Ah! The good thing about having a smart phone with a good enough camera…

There’s something really mystical about this time called twilight. It represents neither night nor day. It’s neither here nor there. But the beauty of it is incomparable.
It signifies that in-between space of the ending of the day and the beginning of the night and also the ending of the night and the beginning of the day. That time between dawn and sunrise – morning twilight and the time between sunset and dusk – the evening twilight. I will stop sounding like wikipedia now!! :-)

I love twilight for a lot of reasons…
It’s almost magical. In those few minutes that it is there, before the sun sets or before it rises…the sky scape that looks like someone has just thrown a splash of colors on it – blue, red, orange and grey!! 
Bewitching… that’s what it is! :-) :-)

You can see how I am rambling here…Will stop now!! 

For the moment enjoy the pic…

If Laughter is day and Sobriety is night;
A smile is the twilight that hovers gently between both,
More bewitching than either one of those!
-Anon




No comments:

Post a Comment

Grahanam - A review!

It has been quite some time since I penned something on this blog, and even longer, since I wrote a movie review. But there is no good time ...