Monday, January 6, 2014

Sunrises & Sunsets - Day 4 of the 100 Happy Days Challenge

We are on Day 4 … and this time I am going to shift the emphasis to specific things… :-)
The first three things that I wrote about are something that makes me happy irrespective of the time or the day… I always have a beat running through my head, choreographing the steps to some song or the other and I am almost always thinking of what book to pick up next… Travel of course is something that I keep looking forward to all the time… 
But from now on, let me talk about specific things that make me happy…
Things that stabilize me… keep me grounded… that effect a surge of contentedness and a smile across my face, regardless of what my mood is… :-)
Sunrises and Sunsets are one of those…
Every single one of them in AWE INSPIRING. Tell me if you don’t agree! :-) :-)
I love them both with the same fervor… even though I am some days slightly partial to the sunrises ;-)
Which days you ask?? :-P The rare days when I am actually up to catch one of them, sunrises! :-) It’s been ages and indubitably I have seen very few of them and if I remember right, the last one was in 2010 at home. Disclaimer to be inserted here – I used to be a morning person… not anymore… wanting to change that though!! As like many other things!! ;-) But Sunsets are a different story altogether…. More often than not, I end up reveling in one at least once every few weeks… feelings that course through me then – peace, calm, tranquility …
The pic below are both shot by me (like all other pics so far – shameless plug in as you may have figured out!!) … :-P :-)
The first one – the SUNRISE – was shot at our farmhouse, “Kalam”, when dad and I had gone there for an early morning jaunt… Sweet memories… :-) :-)
The second pic – the SUNSET – was shot at Singapore, Bedok Reservoir, on one of those days when I was feeling off the grid and just wanted some “me-time”… Before you ask, yes I did feel better after that sight :-) :-) 


“That time of day when the sun hasn’t come up yet, but you can already feel it coming.
It’s an elusive warmth, like a subtle promise whispered in your ear
and you can go on with your day knowing you’ve been given another chance to get it right.”
- Cassia Leo



“The first stab of love is like a sunset,
a blaze of color -- oranges, pearly pinks, vibrant purples...”
- Anna Godbersen

2 comments:

  1. One of my the things I want to practice too..is to see the sunrise regularly..haha...let's see...

    But sunset is very hard...only during vacations :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. faack this shit is good :D...good i mean goood

    ReplyDelete

Grahanam - A review!

It has been quite some time since I penned something on this blog, and even longer, since I wrote a movie review. But there is no good time ...