Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Footprints in the water....

They were like footprints in water.

Washed away.

And nothing remains!!!

How often have we thought that this is something/someone we will never ever forget for the rest of my life… and then it happens! They just fade away… they just grow lighter and fainter until they become just a blur and then they vanish.

The days I spent with them are like that.

They are in the blur stage now. It’s only a matter of time until they disappear.

And I do not know whether I am happy or sad about it.

Happy that for a short while at least I loved it or rather I thought I did. I am happy living in that mirage.

That portrait that I hold in my mind is the one that I treasure. And the one I would like to hold onto.

Sad that it ended the way it ended.

Regrets – Yes! Misgivings – No!

And that’s where the difference lies.

Synonymous words. But diverse meanings when looked at in a sense above the mundane.

Someone said – “The deeper that sorrow carves into your being the more joy you can contain. Is not the cup that holds your wine the very cup that was burned in the potter's oven?”

True that is.

Time and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Grahanam - A review!

It has been quite some time since I penned something on this blog, and even longer, since I wrote a movie review. But there is no good time ...